Schnitzer Steel is a fast-growing Fortune 1000 company and a global leader in the metals recycling industry. Schnitzer's metals recycling division collects, processes, recycles, trades and brokers scrap metal and provides processed scrap metal to mills around the world. Their Pick-n-Pull auto parts subsidiary provides low-cost quality parts to customers across the U.S. and Canada. Meanwhile, their Cascade Steel subsidiary transforms recycled scrap metal into quality finished steel products at their state-of-the-art steel mill.
Since 2006, Luna Design has performed the following for Schnitzer Steel:
- Gathered detailed requirements from dozens of stakeholders across the company for redesigning four large corporate websites: www.schnitzersteel.com, www.picknpull.com, www.greenleafauto.com (no longer owned by Schnitzer) and www.cascadesteel.com.
- Created a comprehensive information architecture spanning all four sites.
- Managed the design process for all four sites. This included interviewing numerous design firms, managing the vendor selection process, providing design requirements to the selected design firm and overseeing the creation of detailed site designs.
- Managed the development process for all four sites. This included interviewing numerous development firms, managing the vendor selection process, providing development requirements to the selected development firm and overseeing the architecture, development and testing phases.
- Wrote content for all four sites and selected appropriate graphical assets, including photography.
- Ongoing management of the sites including content updates, development of new features, hosting vendor selection, training and administration of users and other support requests.