Quote.com is a major financial website providing quotes, news and research on stocks, mutual funds and other security types.
In 1996, Quote.com hired Luis Navarro to serve as their in-house User Interface Architect, long before this title became popular. While
at Quote.com, Luis:
- Took the company's main website (www.quote.com) and redesigned
it from scratch. Design tasks included:
- Reorganizing site functionality
- Designing new layouts
- Enhancing site navigation and flow
- Defining site-wide standards
- Writing copy
- Built CGI infrastructure for seemingly live prototype of new design.
- Led implementation phase of redesign.
- Assisted engineering group by developing authentication architecture, navigation bar implementation and writing countless HTML pages.
- Helped draft requirements for other new products and designed functionality to satisfy these requirements.
- Defined company-wide development processes and served as liaison between marketing and engineering groups.
- Mentored developers on several projects.
- Developed scripts and programs to process site access and browser logs, analyzed data and made strategic recommendations.